Pages

Sunday 26 August 2012

Sinful Songs: Time Warp

I have a lot of history with this song. When I was in primary school it was one of the songs we danced to at our leaving ceremony for our parents and I had no idea where it had come from or what it was about. I just thought it was one of those silly disco songs that everyone seems to like. Now I know better, and after finally getting around to watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show the other week, it struck me that this song has lyrics that remind me of D/s and subspace.

Because of that, I decided it would be great to do a blog post on. So here I present to you my new blog section: Sinful Songs.


Time Warp by Richard O'Brien from The Rocky Horror Picture Show

"I've got to keep control." (0:20-0:25)
This lyric is rather obvious: the power in a D/s relationship is usually held by one partner (at least, one partner at a time) and requires calm and patience to keep a hold of. The tone Richard O'Brien sings it in is fantastic here, since it feels very dominant and teasing to me.
"With a bit of a mind flip...
You're into a time slip...
And nothing can ever be the same.
You're spaced out on sensation,
Like you're under sedation!"
(1:41-1:57)
These are the lyrics that made me want to write this blog post. I feel like this is a perfect representation of what subspace is like for me: my body feels heavier and I can't focus on what is going on around me much at all. It's a beautiful feeling and one I will readily seek as often as I can. For me, subspace is a much stronger and intense feeling than an orgasm. Richard O'Brien, Patricia Quinn and Meat Loaf sing these lyrics very well and I find it affecting each time.

This is a great song for a wonderfully designed film and I recommend you all see it if you haven't done so already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.